Peppered Shrimp Alfredo
• 8 ounces Penne Pasta
• ¼ cup Butter
• 2 tbsp Extra-virgin Olive Oil
• 1 Onion (diced)
• 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
• 1 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
• ½ pound Portobello Mushrooms (diced)
• 1 pound medium Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
• 1 (16 ounce) jar Alfredo Sauce
• ½ cup Romano Cheese (grated)
• ½ cup Cream
• 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper (or more to taste)
• Salt (to taste)
• Pepper (to taste)
• ¼ cup Parsley (chopped)
• Pour water in a large pot and add some salt. Boil the water.
• Add the penne pasta and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes or till tender.
• Remove from heat and drain the pasta. Set aside.
• Place a saucepan over medium heat and melt butter and olive oil.
• Add onion and stir until soft and translucent, say for about 2
• Add garlic, red bell pepper and mushrooms. Cook on medium-high heat
until soft, say for 2 minutes.
• Stir in shrimp and cook till it turns firm and pink.
• Add Alfredo sauce, Romano cheese and cream. Simmer while stirring
constantly for 5 minutes or until thickened.
• Season with cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
• Add the drained pasta and mix well.
• Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm.